Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

They Are Dropping Like Flies, Dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              No sooner, darlings, had I heard about the passing of Russell Johnson yesterday, then I discovered that Dave Madden, best known for the role of Reuben Kincaid on "The Partridge Family," passed away, the very same day, at a hospice in Jacksonville, Florida!!!!!!!!!!!  He was 82, and the cause of death was congestive heart and kidney failure. I hope he went peacefully.

                                I always had a warm spot in my heart for Dave Madden.  Maybe this was an unacknowledged crush.  "Was he gay,?" my partner asked me, as we discussed his passing.  I was  not sure, then; now I can say--no! He was married twice, and had two children, a son and daughter, by his first wife. His second survives him!

                                 I knew who Dave Madden was before "The Partridge Family," because I remember him from some brief appearances he made on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," which preceded his big break as Reuben Kincaid.  But what I did not know was that he made his television acting debut on a 60's sitcom I have vague memories of, but not of him--"Camp Runamuck."

                                  His early stand up comic background was the perfect foray into 'Laugh-In' and then sitcoms.  After "The Partridge Family," he was a semi-regular on "Alice" for awhile, and appeared in many shows, until he felt it was time to retire!

                                   Another performer who will be missed!  And two in the same week, on the same day!

                                    And we are barely halfway through January, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: