Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Would You Believe, Girls, That This Woman Was Once One Of Truman Capote's Swans??????????????????????????


                                 Do any of my girls know who this woman is?  If you don't, I will not be surprised or disappointed. That is Gloria Vanderbilt.  Once, she was happy at last, then she launched a jeans line, but when that went under, and a son threw himself off their roof in front of her,well little Gloria had much to be unhappy about.  Maybe that is why her looks deteriorated, because, as you can see, she looks here like Madame Dracula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Of course, she looked like that on some of the jeans commercials I recall from the 1970s.  But, let me tell you, once upon a time, she was a stunner. No wonder she was one of Truman's swans!  Here, take a look!

                                    Wasn't she something, girls??????????  I never looked that good, in my day, believe me!  But, fortunately I do not look like Gloria now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I have always been fascinated with The Swans, but a bit more lately.   I wonder what is going on?  Could they be calling me to write something about them?  Is my mission to become the Truman Capote of my generation????????  I wouldn't mind, darlings, but, at 59, Truman already had all his great works behind him. And he died, at that age, the same as mine now!

                                         Who would be The Swans today?  Can we count such stunners among us?
Blythe Danner, definitely!!!!!!!!!!  Julianne Moore???????  Maybe!  But who else?   With the elimination of the Colony Club, not to mention Lutece, La Cote Basque and La Caravelle, is there any cafe society anymore???????  Maybe I should reinvent it!  Perhaps I could hang out for luncheon at La Grenouille.  That could be fun!  And with wine!

                                           And what an "Answered Prayers" I would write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: