Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

"They Don't Keep Me Here, Because I'm Gorgeous! They Keep Me Here, Because I'm Smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                      Why do I write this blog, darlings???????  In many ways, for the very reason above, often quoted by Judge Judy, herself!  With time and age setting in, I have become not only more accepting of those less gorgeous, but of my own, growing mortality in that area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        But, then, I mean, gorgeous is relative.  If one talks about an average looking person, versus, say a vintage 1950s photo of Grace Kelly, you have to understand, who is going to get  ahead more???????  Who will have the greater career???????  Hell, Grace had!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          This does not mean, however, that the so-called less gorgeous should stick their head in an oven,like Sylvia Plath!!!!!!!!!!!  Just look at Judge Judy!!!!!!!!!  If she had tried Hollywood, darlings--I mean, as an actress--the only roles she would have gotten were the kind Maria Ouspenskaya rejected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, she did something about it.  She maximized her capabilities, and found her niche!

                                            Which is what so many of us have to do.  It is what I often tell myself when discouraged, at work, which I am still on vacation from, and, hence, have ambivalent feelings about returning!

                                             No one there keeps me because I'm gorgeous, but because I am smart!  Judge Judy, by virtue of her show, gets to, metaphorically speaking, slap idiots silly, putting them in their place!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Which I am sure is what so many of us wish we could do!!!!!!!!  But we can't!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                But, what harm is there, in at least admitting wanting to??????????????????

No comments: