Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

Tyler's Tale To Be Told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              When I heard that the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus was creating a piece to be performed, entitled "Tyler's Suite," I was thrilled!  How I would love to be there for the premiere, which takes place on March 25, which, some of us know, just happens to be the Feast Of The Annunciation!!!!!!!
I guess this is being done, with Mary's blessings!  And you know you can count on Sister Camille!

                                After the premiere, it is slated to be performed by other choral groups and orchestras around  the country!  It damn well better get done, in New York!  I would love to perform in it, myself!!!!!!!!

                                 The work is actually a compilation of musical movements, each written by a noted classical or contemporary/show composer, three of whom are known to me--Stephen Schwartz, Craig Carnelia, and Ann Hampton Callaway (Liz' sister!!!!).  How about that lineup, for starters, dolls?

                                 What is also interesting is the timing.  Had this tragedy, which haunts many, including yours truly, to this day, not happened, Tyler would be graduating from Rutgers this Spring, ready to sail out into the adult world he was so hungry for.

                                    I think this will be a healing way for many of  us to recognize that,and send Tyler out into that world!  Don't miss the piece if it comes to your area, darlings, and I hope it gets a professional, manufactured recording!

                                    Love to Tyler, from all of us, at the Raving Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: