Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Forty Lashes With A Wet Noodle For This Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Forgive me, darlings, but my stress level has been so high lately--it could be menopausal--that I neglected to mention that yesterday was the birthday of the iconic Patti Lu Pone!!!!!!! (Ironically, too, it was the 38th Anniversary of the opening night of the original "Annie" on Broadway!!!!!!!!)  Patti turned 66 yesterday, and I, for one, cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!  Again, if Patti is that old, what does that make me?  And her voice is still as glorious as ever; she may not be able to hit those "Evita" notes, but, then, who would, at that age, and, as we know, after "Sunset Boulevard," Patti and Mr. Lloyd Webber  went well their separate ways!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 It did not hurt Patti any, who is still out there, plugging away, and won a well deserved TONY (her second) for her definitive turn in "Gypsy."  And don't forget, Theater History claims her as the Original Fantine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  So, happy belated birthday, Patti and many more!  Please don't stop performing, at least not until I play "Funny Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                    But what selection to leave my girls with?  There is such a wide array.  Let's see if I can find one of my favorites.

                                      And here it is!  A youthful Patti, circa 1976, doing what would become one of
her signature songs--"Meadowlark," from "The Baker's Wife!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                        Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: