Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2015

My My, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How Can We Ever Let It Go?????????????????

                           Can you believe that, after a spectacular 10 year plus run, which started at the Winter Garden, and over the years, featured the likes of Judy Kaye and Carolee Carmello, that "Mamma Mia!" is closing?  Not only that, it is closing on September 12 of this year, the day I annually parade down to the Waverly, stand out front, and sing "Frank Mills!!!!!!!!!!"  How dare I get upstaged by "Mamma Mia!!!!!!!!"

                            Now, Theater Queen that I am, I have never seen the show!!!!!!!!!!!!  Once the movie was done, with MERYL, who, needless to say, was perfection, I figured, why bother????????  But I may just have to have a look!  I mean, those songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            If the producers were really smart--which they are not--they would put in MERYL for the final week, and tickets would soar!  I would be first in line, darlings, just like Annie Wilkes!  You better believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Will I see "Mamma Mia!" or not?  We shall find out, dolls!  If I do, you know you will h ear it on here!  And, if I do, you girls know, there will be a full report on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Meanwhile, here is the Grand Finale of the show, done not on Broadway, but at the Globe Arena!  Who knows?  Maybe I'll be dancing with you, in those Broadway aisles, girls!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: