Followers

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I Am So Happy This Won The Pulitzer For Fiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               I still recall where I was when I finished this novel.  I was sitting in a chair, by the 42nd Street Library, on Fifth Avenue, awaiting my dental appointment.  It was October, and, as I finished this novel, tears came pouring down my face.  This does not happen often with books.

                              My original posting recommended it highly, and I still do.  It came SO close to my naming it Book Of The Year, that now I find myself a bit sorry that I did not go with, or a tie. But, then how could I ignore Francine Prose?

                                This book, though, beat out that old bag, Joyce Carol Oates!  I mean, come on, Joyce; you can't win all the time!  Besides, you are a mixed bag.  I don't know what the future holds for Doerr, but I will look forward to whatever novel follows this. It will be a tough act to follow, because this work is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   So, now that it has won the Pulitzer, go out and read it!  And, remember, I knew how great it was first, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: