Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Girls, I Just Hope Andrea McArdle Is Getting Royalities From That Kellogg's Commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                        Have you seen that creepy ad , with the most macabre and unappetizing bowl of cereal one could imagine, underscored by Andrea McArdle--Broadway's original "Annie"--doing the introductory line to the song "Tomorrow?"  There is something disturbing about the whole thing.

                         Now, darlings, I know I do not look it, but I saw Andrea in "Annie" back in June of 1977.  I had just graduated college, and was all of 22.  Andrea is 13.  Now, it is 38 years later, and I am 60, so Andrea must be 51!!!!!!!!!  We have grown up!

                            I never tire of hearing Andrea sing "Tomorrow"--it is her signature song, what made her a Legend Of The Musical Stage, and she will always be remembered for it--but the way this commercial uses it gives me the willies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            I just hope Andrea is getting every royalty cent she deserves for the use of her voice of decades past.  I may not like the commercial, but I support Andrea in getting her fair share!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              It's still a "Hard Knock Life," dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: