Followers

Friday, September 4, 2015

I Can't Believe Julianne Moore Had Been Cast To Play Lee Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Let's start with the fact that Lee was no beauty.  How would even the most talented of make-up men ugly up Julianne enough to look like her?  I don't think that is why Julianne withdrew from the project, but I wonder why she did, and what interested her in this character, in the first place?

                                 Who is Lee Israel, some of you may ask.  I have written about here before, and on her passing, earlier this year, but let me refresh.  Lee, whose name spelled backwards, is eel, was a sly piece of work who wormed her way in and out of various world archives, stealing precious artifacts from collections, selling forgeries to people back in 1992, when times became hard, and, ultimately getting herself in a lot of trouble, being banned from these places, and charged. Did she do jail time? I am not sure, but it would not surprise me.

                                     She had been a respectable celebrity biographer, with Estee Lauder, Tallulah Bankhead and Dorothy Kilgallen being among her esteemed subjects.

                                       But greed and manipulation turned her to the Dark Side, and, when the troubles were eventually behind her, she even managed to write a book called "Can You Ever Forgive Me--Memoirs Of A Literary Forger."  I don't know if this was a plea for amends, or ego gratification.  My guess is a bit of both.

                                         I had seen Lee, over the years hold court as the Fag Hag of Julius' Bar, in the Village.  I would stop there to use the bathroom, when I was shopping at Three Lives Bookstore. And I never sat down. Don't you dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          I did not know plans had be underway, to film Lee's last book..  It was to have been directed by Nicole Holofcencer, and still is, but now they have to find a new Lee.

                                           I have the perfect solution--Tovah!!!!!!!!!!!!  For the uninitiated, I mean Tovah Feldshuh!  She is more the type for the part, and could act the hell out of it!

                                            Only in America, kiddies, can you be a criminal, and get a movie made!

                                             See how close I hover to fame, darlings????????????????????

No comments: