Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

This Could Be The Next Hot Spot, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          As obsessed as I have been with the movie "The Wizard Of Oz" for my entire life, never was it ever on my agenda to visit Kansas.  Even though the "In Cold Blood " murders happened there, and I am sure I could poke around that.  Even though the 1962 Herk Harvey classic, "Carnival Of Souls (with Candace Hilligoss!!!!!!!!!!) was filmed in Lawrence, and then University Of Kansas Drama Department Chairman Sidney Berger played the Man, who menaces Candace at the guest house, and the haunting and fascinating Saltair Pavilion is in nearby Utah.  Yes, there may be enough out there, but what with the heat and tornado country, plus not much, I don't think I could bear it.

                          However, did you know, that in Liberal, and Wamego, Kansas, there are two distinct, very different 'Oz' museums?  The one in Liberal is where they have continuous screenings of the film every day, so those who feel they missed out on the 75th Anniversary last year should head there. But the one in Wamego is like an Oz strip mall, and the highlight is the restaurant, named "Toto's Tacoz!!!!!!!!"  Isn't that cute?  But it makes me wonder.  Remember all those jumping scenes Toto does in the film--onto the tractor, during "Over The Rainbow," then out of Miss Gulch's basket, and, later, the draw bridge of the Witch's castle,--did they feed him tacos to give him that extra burst of energy?????????  If he did, I hope he had his own bathroom??????????????

                           I have got to go here!  The dishes are named after the story's characters--Toto's Taco, Hunk's Burrito, Dorothy's Quesadilla, and Auntie Em's Nacho are just some of the samplings on the menu!  It is a must, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              But how do we get to Kansas?   No tornado is going to take us there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: