Followers

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What Goes On At Our House During Yom Kippur????????????????


                          Especially when one person is Jewish, and the other is not, darlings!!!!!!!!!!

                           I know what you want to hear. That I watch my beloved writhe in torment, in bed, while I stand before him, stuffing my face, with everything in sight!

                            But that is not the case!

                            I know I could be shot for saying this, but when it comes to fasting on Yom Kippur, the Jews kvetch too much.  Compared to us Catholics, who face the dilemma of pain wracked bodies from stone floors, as soon as we are out of the womb, not to mention there are some of us who can remember when all Fridays were Days of Abstinence (No meat!!!!!!!), not to mention stigmata, and all the other indignities we are required to suffer as we try to make our way to Heaven.  NOT like Gladys Cooper, I will have you know!

                            So, fasting for one day is nothing!

                             Let me tell you, tonight is not going to prevent us from watching the TV premiere of "Scream Queens!"  Oh, my God!  I LOVE when Emma Roberts is a bitch!  Why couldn't they have chosen ME??????????

                              For Yom Kippur, my beloved will stay home and go to services.  Were I to observe, this Catholic Theater Queen would pull out all the Jewish musicals--"Fiddler On The Roof," "Funny Girl," "Milk And Honey," and "Rags," and listen to each, all the way through.

                                But I will be at work, looking forward to the break fast!

                                 Pickled Herring In Cream Sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Kasha, Varnishkes, Kahsa, Varnishkes, Kasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Not until tomorrow night, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 

No comments: