Followers

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Will Hackathons Go The Way Of Dance Marathons??????????????


                            It is hard to tell, but, then, just about everything with "thon" in it has gone.  I mean, Jerry Lewis no longer does the Muscular Dystrophy Telethon, and dance marathons have been outre for years.  I wish they would come back, because I just love the idea of them.  Just like I loved the idea of Roseland.  It's kind of like Liza Minnelli.  She's so out, she's in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              I can't say the same for hackathons, the latest thon of the day.  I am furiously blogging on a computer right now, so I am not exactly anti-technology.  But, why would I want to do this in a roomful of other people, with no privacy to myself, where my ideas might be, at the very least appropriated, with people who have no concept of life outside this sphere, and would think "Clarissa" is not a novel by Samuel Richardson, but a code word for the female sex organ?????????????????

                              For something so modern, it sounds so medieval.  Not far from Clyde Fitch, but in distinctly modern way.  Has anyone been to one of these things?  Or participated in them??????  If so, please explain to me what the value of it all is, because, right now, as I see it, it is just one big bed of mass confusion, designed to lessen the thought processes in a situation where they should be required to the max!!!!!!!!!!

                              Sure, I took the SAT's and GRE's in a situation and setting similar to this.  But that was then, this is now!!!!!!!!!  Besides, then we were all trying to make ourselves into something for our futures, often with a humanitarian bent; not just into venture capitalists like Eve Morton, who cannot recognize the English language, because they can only talk in code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Read my lips--I want no part of it!  Give me my computer, my coffee, and some privacy.

                              I don't want to hang out with a bunch of hacks-soon-to-be-has beens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              You won't hear Bonnie Bedelia sing "The Best Things In Life Are Free" at one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: