Followers

Thursday, July 12, 2018

According To What I Have Heard, This Soho Restaurant Is A Place To Be Seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                           Now, darlings, I have to confess, me wandering through Soho is like Sandy Descher wandering the New Mexico desert in the opening scenes of "THEM!"  I always get lost, and feel like I have gone out of New York.  This is definitely not on my comfort zone.

                           Nevertheless, I am told that Balthazar, in Soho, is a place to be seen.  And, as The Raving Queen, you know how much I just LOVE being seen abut town, darlings!  It keeps me in circulation, and enables me to tell my girls what is going on, out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             However, I have my suspicions.  The menu at this place is decidedly French. But, as far as I am concerned, it is "faux French."  I come from the era of La Grenouille, which is still operating, uptown, on the East side.  If you want real, haute French cuisine, go there!!!!!!!!!!

                             My take on all this is that those who have cited Balthazar as a "destination place" don't know any better.  They have never heard of La Grenouille, or that type of cuisine, so, to them, this is high end, French cooking.  Are they in for a surprise!  Such folk are badly in need of a trip to New Orleans, which, as far as I am concerned, is Cuisine City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Still, the atmosphere at Balthazar's looks tasteful and elegant.  It is possible the place gets buy on its looks.  Because, let's face it, they can call them "pommes frties," but they are still French fries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Which is the level of French, at this place.  Strictly junior high.

                                 Nevertheless, I feel obligated to pay a visit, and when I do, I will give you a full report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Don't I always, dears???????????????????????????????

No comments: