Followers

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Lauren Weisberger Is Back In The Writing Game!!!!!!!!!!!! And I Am So Thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 As you will see, from the photo I post at the end, Lauren may have aged a little, but she still has that killer hair to stand her in good stead, leading to publication.  I have to confess that after the literary debacle that was "Revenge Wears Prada," back in 2013, I swore I would never go near another Weisberger book again.  So, when "The Singles Game" came out, and I  saw it was about tennis and the U.S. open, I was, like "Who cares?," and immediately dismissed it from my reader radar.

                                I had no idea she would write another book.  I thought, in fact, that she had stopped writing.  So, when I spied "When Life Gives You Lululemons," while browsing in a bookstore, I just had to pick it up.  And when I saw that one of the main characters was Emily Charlton, from her signature novel, I thought, maybe I should give this one a chance.

                                Girls, you must, it is THE Summer read.  Perfect with a Margarita or Mojito.
Emily is, indeed, the main character; she is now an image consultant, straddling both New York and LA, and, during the course of the novel, infiltrates the suburban terrain of affluent Greenwich, Connecticut.  At the end of the book, she is a major life change, and there are cameos by Andy (Andrea) Sachs, now living on a farm, and, of course, Miranda Priestley.

                                Emily, dears, gets paid for what I do on here, for free.  I'm just saying.....

                                   But Lauren is back, name dropping drinks and designers, as no one, apart from me, can.  Like her best fiction, of which this is an example, I always learn some new things from her. The most important here was about tinted moisturizing.

                                    All the women in the novel are fabulous, and some of the straight men are pigs!  But, hey, when dealing with corporate New York, what can be expected???????  I just wish Lauren would put more gays in her books.  We are out there too, darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Nevertheless, I can safely say Lauren's back, and don't miss her latest!  Now, I MAY have to go back and read "The Singles Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Here is Lauren, with that killer hair!!!!!!!!!

Let's have lunch sometime soon, Lauren!!!!!!!!

You have GOT to tell me who does your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: