Followers

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Bemelman's Bar Is Another Place Where One Has To Be Seen, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Now, lambs, I could not be worthy of the title of this blog, or even called a gay living in New York, had I never been to The Carlyle Hotel.  Back in the day, I saw Bobby Short perform at the Café Carlyle, and this was when Shelly Hack was still doing those "Charlie" commercials, and didn't I just swirl into the place, as I entered, to take my seat?  Like Shelly, all eyes were on me, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               However, I have to confess I have never been to Bemelman's Bar, also in the Carlyle, so maybe we should all go there, have a drink, afternoon tea, or whatever it is they serve.  I just love the cozy lighting, and the childhood drawings.  Who wouldn't????????????

                                As I have recorded, over the years, the elegance that was once Manhattan is slowly vanishing.  I feel fortunate to have experienced some of the glory days, but, now, when there are fewer places to be seen at, and the ones still left may vanish before we know it, I say make use while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 I will give a full report, when I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 See you at Bemelman's, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Kind of young kind of now Charlie
Kind of free kind of WOW Charlie!!

The Raving Queen said...


I just loved that commercial!
It epitomized the then glamour of
NYC!

Victoria said...

I still want that pantsuit lol

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I vaguely recall a time
when I could have worn it!