Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Annual Summer Trek To Spumoni Gardens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Old traditions are often exchanged for new, over time, and the latest one, having been incorporated into both our lives (David's and mine) is the annual Summer trek to Spumoni Gardens.

                                    This visit was a quick one, with a smaller than usual group, David, Allen, Paul, Steve, and myself.  The wait was unusually short for this place, where, on a Summer's night, the limos, paparazzi, and Mafiosi are out in such regalia that little old me--The Raving Queen, can you imagine?????????--goes virtually unnoticed!  But, as the saying goes, in Brooklyn, Saturday is for the wives, and Saturday for the girl friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    It was quite the social event!  But the food!  This is why one goes!

                                    We all shared a House Salad, with the restaurant's special Lemon Dressing.

                                      I stuck to my Rigatoni Bolognese in cream sauce.  The best, anywhere!  But I found myself eating only half, and feeling that was enough.  Age and health has forced me to compromise, but I still enjoyed every morsel, and did not leave hungry or unsatisfied.

                                       Paul had Veal Francese, while the others all had something called Chicken Empandas,  a dish that does not often appear on the menu, but if you know they have it, they will make it for you.  I may have to try that, the next time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        What a lovely, Saturday evening, and the preservation of at least one great tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sounds fabulous!
I think I've heard of that place; the owner was killed in a shooting right?

The Raving Queen said...


You are right.
The way I recall it, the
victim was an owner,
manager or administrator,
and was killed in his home
in Marine Park, Brooklyn!