Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Another Problem With Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                For movie mavens, Disney World's Universal Studios was a kind of Fantasyland, where mavens could live out their movie fantasies.  However,  The Great Movie Ride was actually in Disney World, and, stupid, as they were, the administrators closed it down, on August 13, 2017. It was the last ride since the park first opened, to go.

                               And one of the best.  For me, at least!  They always get rid of what I like!  Lack of taste????????  Well, what else can you expect from straight, male, corporate types?????????????

                                The ride operated like a kind of cinematic "It's A Small World," where patrons rode in boats, while movie sets, or famous moments, were displayed before their eyes.  Considering that the artistry of Disney was involved, to be sure, the replications were spot on .

                                 I went wild, when I saw this.  This was a recreation of the Munchkinland set, from "The Wizard Of Oz," and I just wanted to leap out of the boat, and walk onto this set, because this was the closest I knew I could ever come to realizing that fantasy.  Alas, my father stopped me, and I think the boat was moving too fast.

                                  The photo does not really do it justice; it had to be seen on the ride.  But the dummies who run things demolished it, and now no one will!!!!!!!!!!  I guess I should count myself among the lucky ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Will I ever find my way to Oz????????????? The MGM kind????????????

                                      But wait!  Maybe, like Dorothy, I need to realize that, thanks to David, and so many, I HAVE found it, and am living it out, right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Disney World still sucks, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

🎶it’s a straight world after all...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Maybe you just hit the nail
on the next Disney themed
attraction!