Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2023

As Far As I Am Concerned, Darlings, Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         I was always taught it was June 22nd, and damnit, at 68, that is what I am going by.



                       It is a time of reflection; something we have been building toward for the past six months.  Now, having reached that culmination, ever so slowly, starting tomorrow, the days gradually get shorter.  I hate that.  I wish the days would stay this long always.  I know, cold and darkness can be romantic, driving me to Victorian literature, but it is also depressing to have it get dark at 4:30 in the afternoon, and the extra night makes it difficult for those of us fearful to venture out.



                           So, enjoy these days as much as you can.



                           And tell me, what was the shortest night?  Last night, or the one before?????????



                         

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Do you have that syndrome where you get depressed from too much darkness??
I think it’s actually called “SAD”

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, I do get SAD during that period when it gets dark earliest.
And I get it right after the holiday season ends, and all things are put
away.