Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Sending Our Best Wishes To Ruthie Ann Miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                       Ruthie Ann Miles is currently the busiest actress working on Broadway.   I hear she is giving the most heartbreaking performance as the Beggar Woman in "Sweeney Todd," since Ruthie Henshall sang Fantine in the "Les Misérables Tenth Anniversary Concert."  I have been privileged to see Ruthie Ann as Imelda Marcus in the downtown musical "Here Lies Love," and in her Tony-winning performance as Lady Thiang in the revival of "The King And I," back in 2015.  Her rendition of "Something Wonderful" was emotionally shattering.



                       Late last month, it was announced Miss Miles had Covid.  I hope she has recovered and is back in her Tony nominated--this year, darlings! --role!  I understand when not on stage, she is preparing for her upcoming ENCORES engagement, from June 21 to 25, as Margaret, mother of Clara, in "The Light In The Piazza."


                     I would love to see Ruthie do both.  But most I wish her a complete and healthy recovery.  She is quickly becoming a treasure of the musical stage, and they are badly needed.


                      So, join me, girls, in wishing Ruthie Ann Miles the best, and the healthiest.


                        Love you, Ruthie, and keep on going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I’m glad you mentioned COMPLETE recovery; a friend of mine got over covid quickly however, now she seems to be suffering from the scourge of “long covid”

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, I wish her a complete recovery. She has been through so much;
her baby was hit by a car several years ago, and killed.

Victoria said...

AND her unborn child.
And the child of the friend she was crossing the street with.
Unspeakable, Unimaginable tragedy.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
You are so right. I admire Ruthie for being able
to carry on, as she has.

Victoria said...

well, she miscarried a few months after the accident.
But it was Most Certainly a result of the accident.
The woman who ran the red light had a seizure disorder.
Wasn’t supposed to be driving. At All.
She committed suicide.
Ruthie and her husband named their new baby HOPE.
I too, admire their strength and perseverance.