Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

"Won't Forget, Can't Regret, What We Did For Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                             Or something, darlings.  Anyway, to give you an idea of the 50th high school reunion I went to last weekend, here are some of us seated in the renovated and very different from our time high school auditorium.



                               This was the culmination of a tour through a building most of us had not stepped in within 50 years.  Yes, half a century, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  And we are still here.



                                Going through the school, I felt like Alice going through Wonderland.  Had I just been dropped in the building from space, I would never have known where to go.



                               I am seated in the first row, second from the left.  See my orange cap?  In that row are all of my favorite classmates; others are seated behind.  This is the group that bonded quickest, both at this event and Saturday night.  I want to thank all seated for your company and being so warm and friendly to me.  I had been so nervous about this, because of the number 50.  It is pretty daunting.  



                                I don't know when, if ever we will see each other again, or where our paths in the future will take us, but, as per this picture, I was glad to see each and every one of you.



                               I learned two things from this event.


                               That my adolescence was not as shitty as I often made it out to be.



                               Never to judge those still living in the town or nearby area they grew up in.



                               Auditorium seaters, I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

SO glad you went!!!
And that It was a Healing experience!!!
I know I said I’d never go to my hs reunion but, now I am curious!
Sure it was hell, however there WERE two people who were kind to me!!
I’ve never received an invitation, or ANY correspondence at all; how did they contact you? Online??

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
It turned out to be more than I expected it to be.