Followers

Friday, June 30, 2023

Now, Girls, This Is What I Mean, When I Talk About Color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                                                                                  


                    I know I have used these images before, darlings, but they are just so darned excellent.  The first is by Bobby Pearce, from the 2003 flop musical, "Taboo." But this images, darlings, is the best thing about the show.  That outfit, which I might sprinkle with yellow stars, I would be proud to wear to anything--a dinner, a meeting with ANNA, a party, or any social occasion.  It is a fashion statement on its own.


                       As for the second, well it is Sir Cecil Beaton's last effort, the 1969 Broadway musical, "Coco." Which just happened to star someone by the name of Katherine Hepburn.  But it was these red costumes, and Michael Bennett's facility with mirrors and colors, soon to be put to even better use in "Follies" and then "A Chorus Line," that made this show.


                          Girls, I am telling you, I would be proud to wear any one of those gowns.  Even to ANNA.


                           Let me depart for a moment.  People often ask how I knew I was gay.  Now, I cannot deny that "The Wizard Of Oz" has something to do with it--doesn't it but really, it was the opening shot of 1964's "My Fair Lady," with the theatergoers coming down the stairs, that made me gasp.  Darlings, if you gasp at this scene, and are male, you are gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Fashion is about individualizing the individual.  I have my signature colors--jungle red, flaming pink, bright yellow, and orange.  Put in a couple of blues, and I am defined.


                              But how you define yourselves, hons, is up to you.


                              What I want is COLOR.  Always look for it, always wear it!!!!!!!!!!


                               Are you listening, ANNA?????????????????????????????



                                                                                    

4 comments:

Victoria said...

We take Mother over to “Costco” every week and they actually sell CLOTHES there.
LOTS of them.
And people BUY THEM.
Weird and Depressing.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I did not know Costco sells clothers.
Anything of interest?

Victoria said...

What you’d expect lol
Yoga pants, hunting ensembles, puffy coats in the winter, kitschy t shirts,

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am sure ANNA would not be seen there.