Followers

Friday, June 23, 2023

So, How Was "Curse Of The Demon," Girls????????????????????????????


                                      Darlings, as enjoyable as it was, it might have been better had the whole thing been kept psychological.  I have a feeling the M.R. James story, which I have not yet read, did, and this could make all the difference.  Just like "The Turn Of The Screw!"



                                         True, while the monster was both menacing and kind of cute at the same time, it really was not essential.  The black and white visuals reminded me of "Dementia 13," shot six years later, and which rested entiely on the psychological.



                                         See what happens when a studio interferes with director's vision?  The result is something like "Curse Of The Demon."



                                           Still, thanks to "Svengoolie" for giving viewers a look at this seldom seen classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                            It would have been a curse to miss it, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I think I would have liked seen more Monster, and what's not to like about seeing the handsome Dana Andrews. I think I have always had the hots for him.

Victoria said...

I wonder what he has in store for us tonight?!!
I actually forgot it was Saturday!!
I’m not THAT old, am I?!!
Occasionally I’ll go with mother to her “brain boosters” class at the retirement community.
Well, it is Humbling!!
I get so many wrong!!!
The questions about math, geography, putting historical events in order.
I used to Know all this stuff!!!!!