Followers

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Girls, I Am Telling You, You Have GOT To Be Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              "I would have to say she was absolutely the most beautiful
                                                 creature I ever saw."-- Reginald Denny as Frank Crawley
                                               in "Rebecca" (1940).

                                       Many would echo this quote in connection with Grace Kelly, who, during a brief career, carved out a bit of Hitchcock film history for herself!  This photo is something I tell myself I try for, every morning, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, even on the best of days, who among us could look like THIS?????????

                                          Which is why I was shocked to hear a biopic is being done about Grace, but even more shocking is who is playing her.  Now, even though Blythe Danner has just turned 70, and is the Grace Apparent of her generation, I think she would have been a better choice than who was chosen!!!!!!!!!

                                               Are you ready, darlings??????????  You know who has been chosen to play Grace Kelly??????????

                                               None other than the Princess Of  Botox herself--Nicole Kidman!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Nicole's finest hour will always be having been frumped up to play Virginia Woolf in "The Hours," eleven years ago!  She could not have played Grace Kelly, then, and she certainly can't now!  Just because she is blonde?????????  I still would have gone with Blythe.

                                                   Grace, who left the world at a rather now young seeming 52, drew national coverage when she reached the age of 40.  I recall some of those magazine articles, referring to it as "the age most women dread," acting as if she were ready for the nursing home.  But Grace just went along with it; she allowed herself to age gracefully, without assistance of any kind.  Miss Kidman, on the other hand, has had so much assistance, you cannot tell what is real, or what is not.  Everyone talks about Joan Rivers; I think Kidman, while younger, looks twice as bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     I can tell you, I have no intention of subjecting myself to this!  At least the Michael Douglas Liberace film was a camp hoot!  This will be an embarrassment and disgrace to Miss Kelly, and I am not going to watch her scale the fire escape, replicating "Rear Window," in an imitation of an imitation of a Schiaparelli dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         I would rather see Grace herself  do it, instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: