Followers

Friday, August 9, 2013

Now This, Girls, Could Be Reason Enough To See "Pippin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                           You know how I feel about Diane Paulus, darlings, and with that, and having seen the original (back in 1974) production of "Pippin," featuring Ben Vereen, John Rubinstein, and a then up-and-coming young lady by the name of Betty Buckley, and choreographed by one of Broadway's Masters, Bob Fosse, I was not too keen on seeing the revival, even after all the attendant hoopla sweeping it, including Andrea Martin's spectacular performance, which was TONY Awarded, and is the one thing about the show that makes me feel happy about it.

                                             Well, this is just in--I have found out that Andrea is going to take a much needed and well deserved vacation--even actors need breaks, sometimes, dears!!!!!!--and her role, for that duration, is going to be filled by someone just loved on here--Tovah Feldshuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 I don't quite understand how the performance schedule works.  The way I understand it, Tovah will perform August 9, 10, and 11, which she means she starts tonight!  Then, she will again be on from August 20 through the 25th!!!!!!!!!  Again, I cannot explain this, but if, like me, you want to see Tovah--and who doesn't????--make your plans now.  This show has been selling well, as it is, and I am sure Tovah will give it that extra boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   Apparently, Berthe in the show does something on the trapeze!!!!!!!!  Imagine seeing Tovah up there!!!!!!!!  I know she can do it, and I am sure she will belt the bejesus out of "No Time At All!!!!!!!!"  Maybe, with Miss Feldshuh present, it will be "time to start living!!!!!!!!!!"

                                                     We love you, Tovah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: