Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

These Days, I Am Feeling SO Fifties! Like Nancy Kelly In "The Bad Seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                         No, girls, I am not living with a juvenile sociopath; that is generally MY role! Several days ago, on Thursday, our modern, up-to-date, less than two year old, coffee maker, broke!  I swear; I got up, as usual, to make the coffee, went to the computer, and came out to the kitchen, about ten minutes later, expecting it to be ready.  The water container was empty, and there was no coffee!!!!!!!  I did the procedure again, with the same results!  Only, this time, I discovered the water had leaked out all over the kitchen counter!

                                         I became hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!  No coffee????????  Oh, my God; I was going to be a fucking bitch, for sure!  Just what they needed, at work!  But, Monsieur saved the day.  On special occasions, we use an old, electric percolator, which I dubbed "The Nancy Kelly Coffee Pot," after the actress who plays Christine Penmark, mother to Rhoda, in the Fifties thriller, "The Bad Seed."  A lot of coffee gets poured in this movie, and it is SO Fifties, anyway.  Well, would you believe, in order to survive, until the new coffee maker arrives, I had to learn to make coffee this way??????  I balked at first, but now that I can do it, I feel just like Nancy Kelly in "The Bad Seed!!!!!!!!!!!"  And the coffee tastes great!!!!!!  I don't know, to this day, why my mother got all bent out of shape about her friend, Dotty Kramer's, coffee, which was made the same way!

                                       But just think, girls--the last, drip dry Mister Coffee that I owned lasted me--are you ready???--sixteen years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       As Madame Armfeldt in "A Little Night Music" said, darlings, "Where's craft??????????"

1 comment:

HarlowFan said...

I have a Farberware Percolator, just what you're describing. It used to belong to my parents. It's over 30 years old and still makes delicious coffee. I use it every day, sometimes twice a day. Where is craft, indeed?