Followers

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Set Your Calendars Now, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Lucy Harbin........Baby Jane Hudson........Norman and Mother Bates.........Gojira...........Mothra.......The Mighty Ymir..........even Rosemary, again, will all be at the Film Forum, starting August 9th and running through September 5th, when, for the first time in 17 years, it revives its Summer Sci-Fi And Horror Festival!  I say it's damned well about time!  It was at one of these, years back, that I first saw "The Bad Seed" on the screen, and you know what a life changing event that was, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Even Michael Landon in "I Was A Teenage Werewolf!" With Whit Bissell, and bullet bra victim, Dawn Richard!  And Cucumbo, the Venusian cucumber creature from "It Conquered The World" will be there!  Maybe he will be in the lobby to greet viewers!  I can only hope!  If the programming people there are smart, they will have these gimmicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                I am a bit surprised more contemporary horrors, like Peyton Flanders, the psychotic nanny of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle," is not in the mix!  And a glaring omission is Sandra Harrison in "Blood Of Dracula!"  Even better, and campier, than 'Teenage Werewolf!!!!!!!!!!'

                                But I am just carping; at least some fun is being brought back to the Film Forum!  Guess they need the cash!!!!!!!!!!!!  A lot of New York City's work supervisors are going to have schedules disrupted, as hordes of workers will be taking days off, here and there, to schedule their visits down to the Film Forum..........and I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I may even bring little Baby Gojira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                See you all there, girls, maybe, to shake Cucumbo's hand!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 But where is "The Crawling Eye?????????????"

3 comments:

HarlowFan said...

I'm just happy they're showing the original Gojira, not the crappy American version with Raymond Burr!

The Raving Queen said...


You know what I say...once you have seen the original, Japense, "Gojira," you will never go back. Even as a kid, when I watched it, I sensed that, somewhere amid the Raymond Burr hokiness lie a great movie! And I had the hots for Dr. Serizawa, because of the eye patch!

Curious about seeing "Mothra" ("Mosura") in its original version--wonder how much of a difference that would make. Personally, I would rather have seen "Rodan."

HarlowFan said...

I've never seen It Conquered The World. The monster looks cheesy fun, but not sure if I want to schlep down to the village and shell out 12.50 to see him. The movie's not available on dvd though, so I might!