Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Justice Will Finally Be Rendered Tonight, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        Finally.....FINALLY....it seems like someone out there is listening to me!  Because tonight, at 7:45 PM, the Broadway lights are going to be dimmed, for a full minute, in honor of the passing of the legendary Julie Harris!!!!!!!!!!!!  As I said they should several days ago on here, when I learned the sad news of Harris' passing.

                                           How many times do Theater Queens play Time Travel?  The question is--if you could go back in time, what show would you like to see.  Most Theater Queens choose musicals, and I can tell you, without  blinking, that my first choice there would have been the Original production of "Follies!"

                                             But, when it comes to drama, or non-musicals, I would wager the choice comes down to one of two titles, both by Tennessee Williams--the Original productions of either "The Glass Menagerie," or "A Streetcar Named Desire."  Not bad choices, those, but for me, one towers above them all.

                                              My choice would have been "The Member Of The Wedding," with that celebrated Broadway triumvirate Julie Harris, Ethel Waters, and Brandon De Wilde!!!!!!!!  Without question!

                                                So, maybe, as the lights dim, Julie, Ethel and Brandon will gather around that kitchen table one more time, while Ethel holds them, and sings "His Eye Is On The Sparrow."  A moment that is repeated in the 1952 movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   At least, that is what I will be thinking of, then, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments: