Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Couldn't Let My Girls Forget, Now, Could I???????????????


                                     This photo, which I am sure some of you know, adorned the cover of my vinyl "Woodstock" album, which I looked at, for decades.  Today, I have to wonder, who was this couple, and where are they today, and what are they doing?  The same might be said of the others within viewing
range of the image's frame.

                                         Yes, darlings, this is Woodstock weekend, and after 44 years, and my own, by chance, trip there, at the alleged start of Summer 2013--Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!!!--I cannot go without marking what for many of us was a seminal event, whether we were there or not, listened to it on the radio, saw the TV media coverage, the documentary film eventually made by Michael Wadleigh, or the soundtrack album that I am sure sold millions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           Forty four years!  Darlings, I had just graduated from eighth grade!!!!!!!!!!!!  I barely knew the world, yet I wanted to go traipsing off to Woodstock.  It seems incongruous now to even remember!

                                            Yet, after seeing for myself, that all too familiar hill, back in late May--albeit without thousands of people strewn about--I now feel a connection to this event that I did not before!

                                               So, Happy Forty Fourth Woodstock Anniversary To All!  Listen to some of the music that was there!  Better than the crap being played today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 As Grace Slick herself, back then said, "Believe me, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: