Followers

Thursday, August 29, 2013

We Want Tovah!!!!!!!!!!! We Want Tovah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       On September 22, darlings, Andrea Martin, will play the final performance of  her TONY Award-winning role of Berthe in "Pippin," moving on to start work on a Canadian comedy series, called "Working The Engels."  I wish Andrea the best, but I have something I want to say directly, right now, to the producers and businessmen involved with this production--

                                          "You smug little men, with your smug little schemes!
                                            You forgot one thing!
                                             The rest of the world isn't all like you!
                                              There are heroes in the world, Princes and heroes
                                                  in the world!
                                               And one of them will save us, wait and see,
                                                   Wait and see.................."
                                                 ---Stephen Sondheim, "There Won't Be Trumpets,"
                                                       "Anyone Can Whistle" (1964)

                                            Why?  Well, according to what I have read, a replacement is going to be announced at a later time. What the hell are they taking about?  They have already found their replacement!
I am talking, of course, about Tovah Feldshuh, who filled in for Andrea during her vacation.  Which I kind
of thought was a warm up exercise to her taking on the role permanently, only I did not expect this to happen so soon! So, what are these jerks pulling????????????

                                               Now, to be fair, I have not talked to Tovah, so I do not know what is on
her plate.  Maybe she has other commitments.  Maybe she does not want to take on a long run.  Hey, darlings, it IS her call!!!!!!!!!!!  But those of us who love her would just relish seeing her in this role, doing those acrobatics, while belting out "No Time At All."  Which you know damn well, she can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  Another thing these show biz yokels should stop to consider is box-office."Pippin" has been doing well for a variety of reasons, one of whom happens to be Andrea!  I am speaking for myself, here, if Tovah goes in, I am there--and I had never planned on seeing this production, largely because I saw the 1972 Bob Fosse original, and what could top that, plus my aesthetically inclined aversion to director Diane Paulus.  But Tovah??????   I would see "Pippin" for her!  Hell, if Paulus directed
Samuel Beckett's "Happy Days" with Tovah, I would probably see it!

                                                  So, what do these rubes think they are doing?  Get on the ball, and sign
Tovah at once!  You guarantee a built in audience right there, and more for "Pippin's:" box-office coffers!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    Only idiots would think otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



 

No comments: