Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where The Hell Has She Been???????????????????????


                                 If you have been following me, girls, then you witnessed the video I included of Mary Stuart Masterson, as Luisa Contini, doing her thrilling rendition of "My Husband Makes Movies," in the Broadway revival of "Nine."  What I did not realize, until this morning, was that was back in 2003--exactly ten years ago, this year!!!!!!!!!!

                                 First, I cannot believe so much time has gone by!  And, Mary, where have you been?????????

                                  I first thrilled to Mary, back in 1991, when she played  Idgie Threadgood in the film version of Fannie Flagg's book, "Fried Green Tomatoes."  She starred with that other three-named Mary--Louise Parker--who is unquestionably great, and is all over the place!!!!!!  The problem is, Mary Stuart should be, too!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why isn't she?????????????

                                    After her blow away performance in "Nine," why wasn't she given a chance to do another musical???????  Or anything????????????????????

                                      Did you know Mary Stuart is the daughter of actor and writer, Peter Masterson, and, thanks to him, is cousin (second, in Mary's case) to writer Horton Foote?????????  She is also the daughter of actress Carlin Glynn, who originated the role of Madame Mona, back in 1978, in "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas," stopping the show each night with the song she copped from Pamela Blair--"The Bus From Amarillo," which you know I am always singing, darlings, and which Carlin taught me HOW to sing!  So Mary Stuart comes by her talent quite naturally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Except she isn't being given the chance to use it!!!!!!!!!  I'd like to know who her agent is--I would march into his office, shake him, then bitch slap him across the face, till he finds a suitable vehicle for Mary.  And if I were Mary, I would get myself another agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          But we can at least be thankful for the noticeable talent Mary has given us!!!!!!!!
But that does not mean her agent is off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           The same with Jessie Mueller's, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

HarlowFan said...

I am now officially boycotting the film version of Into The Woods, Meryl not withstanding. Playbill has just confirmed that Sophia Grace Brownlee, an 8 year old no talent featured ad nauseum on Ellen's show, will play Little Red Riding Hood. If you don't know who this little troll is, she's all over Youtube. An 8 year old being seduced by the wolf and singing I Know Things Now, which is basically a song about sexual awareness? And the girl is an ugly talentless atrocity! Nope, my money isn't going to this trash!

The Raving Queen said...


I just witnessed this atrocity. If this is the direction the film is going, then I feel sorry for it. As you said, Meryl notwithstanding. Bring back the days of Danielle Ferland! Now, SHE was Red Riding Hood!