Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Girls, This Will Be The Literary Event Of The Fall, If Not The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              The name says it all, darlings--Donna Tartt!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, Miss Tartt, that once-in-a-decade novelist, is coming out October 22, with her third novel, entitled "The Goldfinch."  It involves a little boy amidst New York City and its art world, and promises to be as thrilling as it will be linguistically stimulating.  Miss Tartt is not one to disappoint on either count.

                                               I have got to get to my bookstore, and make sure they keep a copy for me waiting, so I can get it, the first day it comes out!  I did the same thing, eleven years ago, with Tartt's second novel, "The Little Friend."  Will it live up to her masterwork, "The Secret History?"  Having just read that for the fourth time this year, I doubt if anything she writes can.  But I could be surprised.  And anything Donna Tartt does write is worth reading. So, I am expecting all my girls to go out there, and support Donna.  This is a Daughter Of The South, who is not afraid to spread her writing wings far and wide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                And you know you will get a full report on her from me, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 You know I just cannot wait, Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: