Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Darlings, We Just LOVE Kathy Bates As Madame Delphine Lalaurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 What a cut-up Madame Lalaurie was, girls!  What fabulous parties she gave!  Best soup in town!  Made from real beef stock, for sure. But don't take a second look at what that beef is, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   It may have been the most disturbed character since Annie Wilkes--and far more grizzly,--but Kathy Bates, actress that she is, nails all of Madame Lalaurie's eccentricities, from soup, to sadism, to humor!  And the costumes she is given are just fabulous!  I swear, there were scenes where she looked as though she were auditioning for Aunt Pittypat, and others for Belle Watling!

                                     Either way, you just had to love Kathy in this role! And I could just tell she was having the time of her life, doing it!

                                      The series starts with her, and never lets up from there!  And, what a hoot, when she comes into our century, and has be be Queenie's (Gabourey Sidibe!!!!!!!!) slave!  I loved it!
I was ready to tell her to peel me a grape, myself!

                                         Which I wish other people would do for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           In a career of memorable roles, this has to be one of the more memorable for Kathy, and we salute her on here, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             And don't forget the talking head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             Now, if I could only back to Royal Street, and see the inside of the real Lalaurie house!

No comments: