Followers

Monday, February 23, 2015

It's High Time Julianne Moore Won An Oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              This has really been the first Academy Awards in my life, where I have been so out of the loop, having seen the fewest amount of contending movies in any year I can recall. Still, I feel obligated to see something about last night's program, which I caught most of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 MERYL, of course, was the classiest!  I mean, what else would you expect? But Julianne looked radiant, when she received here Oscar; the dress was spectacular, but I wish actresses with splendid hair, like she and MERYL, would not put it up, but let it flow naturally.

                                    Even J LO managed to look presentable.

                                     That one dress with the black balls, It was Neil Patrick Harris' best line of the night--"It takes a lot of balls to wear that dress."

                                        Now--about Neil. Ho Hum. He tried.  But, let's face it, even with that Michael Keaton inspired stunt, showing off his buff body, I am not so sure Neil is 100% gay.  I think he is a closet straight.  Just like Jesse Tyler Ferguson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         The unexpected highlight of the evening was--Lady Gaga!!!!!!!!!!  You heard me right, darlings!  The funny thing is, I somehow knew, once she said she was doing a tribute, that it was going to honor the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound Of Music," which is coming up a week from today.  I thought she was going to do something campy. But, my God, she practically channeled Julie in pitch and phrasing, and even with a transposed "Climb Ev'ry Mountain, she was amazing.  Why couldn't they have used her, instead of Carrie Underwood!

                                            But, don't believe me, see for yourselves. She is a graduate of the Convent Of The Sacred Heart, here in New York, and you better believe her body is pain wracked from stone floors.

                                             Points are scored for showcasing "Sound Of Music's" 50th Anniversary. Though nothing about "Doctor Zhivago," which also turns 50 this year, and I am still fuming last year over the omissions of the 75th Anniversaries of "The Wizard Of Oz," and "Gone With The Wind," not to mention the 50th Anniversaries of "My Fair Lady" and "Mary Poppins!"

                                              As a show, the Oscars do  not have their head screwed on tightly!!!!!!!!

                                              And who the hell is this Eddie Redmayne???????????



2 comments:

Little Baby Jade said...

it is weird that the Allstate guy & a soap opera girl (didn't she play her own twin?) both won Oscars on the same night. Maybe next year the Mayhem guy will win?!

The Raving Queen said...


I was thrilled for J.K. Simmons, after his Farmers ads and "Law And Order" work, and now an Oscar! As for the soap opera girl, are you talking about Julianne Moore? I think she did so some soap work very early in her career.
Not sure about Patricia Arquette, though!