Followers

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

He Left Us Way Too Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  David Cassidy was only four years older than I.  That is quite sobering, as I plunge deeper into my sixties.  Though I never had a crush on him, (brother Patrick was hotter, especially as he appeared in "Longtime Companion") I watched "The Partridge Family regularly.  Friday nights then were always "The Brady Bunch," then "The Partridge Family."

                                    Though Danny Bonaduce still bounces around, Susan Dey's career tanked after she was TOO good as the abusive mother in "Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night," back in 1977.  I actually hated her.  But David, though more low profile, always kept up that performer persona, until financial and health problems seemed to dovetail, spinning out of control.

                                      Of course, he used drugs.  But so did Mick Jagger, and he still is with us.  I think it was a combination of stress, poor health from the drugs, and encroaching dementia, that led to his tragic, early death on November 21.

                                        Two of his 'Partridge" co-stars predeceased him.  Suzanne Crough, who played Tracy Partridge, the youngest sister, died at 52, on April 27, 2015.  Dave Madden, also an alumnus of "Laugh-In," who played manager  Reuben Kincaid, died at 72, on January 16, 2014.

                                         I actually met David, several years at my work place.  He was charming, gracious, and not at all pretentious about his celebrity.  As we spoke, I could not hearing in my head to lead-in to "I Think I Love You."

                                          Here is that song for you to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           However, my favorite 'Partridge song was "Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted," maybe because its lyrics dug deeper than usual.

                                            Rest In Peace, David Cassidy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Videolaman said...

R.I.P., David Cassidy- thanks for the childhood memories.

Like everyone else, I wore out my 45 of "I Think I Love You" back then. Today, I more often play "Echo Valley 2-6809" or "Summer Days" on my iPod. His crooning can definitely make the subway commute a bit more endurable.

The Raving Queen said...


Exactly. There was more to David than
just Keith Partridge. Thank God Shirley
is still with us.

Victoria said...

We just passed the one year anniversary of Florence Henderson's death. : ((

The Raving Queen said...


Has it been a year already since
Florence? She was a great talent,
more than was shown on "The Brady
Bunch." But she made something
out of that show!