Followers

Friday, December 13, 2019

Are These The Von Trapps, Hanging Their Christmas Stockings???????????????


                                      Of course not, because, by the time this pic was taken, the Von Trapps were adults!  This looks more like when I hung stockings on Christmas Eve, back home, when I was a child.  Except I was the only one,  so all the stockings would be mine.

                                        Remember the song, "Jolly Old St. Nicholas?"  It had a lyric that went like this--"All the stockings you will find, hanging in a row./Mine will be the shortest one, you'll be sure to know.

                                          As I progressed through childhood, I was clearly unconventional, and put me own spin on things.  I changed that lyric to "Mine will be the biggest one, you'll be sure to  know."

                                          Ha! Ha!  Ha!  I laughed my head off, and I still sing it that way.

                                           I don't recall my parents being amused, or not.

                                           Ah, Christmases past!  I would love to look back on me, like Scrooge did!

                                           But I am no Ebenezer, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           Here are Alvin And The Chipmunks singing "Jolly Old St. Nicholas!

                                           Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I only Christmas shop for the grandchildren lol
The adults have too much stuff anyway!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I have to shop for my sister,
my nephew and hi wife, and their
children. We do gift certificates,
as it is easier but it takes a toll
on my budget. Especially now I am
on Medicare!

Victoria said...

I went all out for many years.
It was never good enough.
And took a toll on me physically, emotionally, and yes, financially!!