Followers

Friday, December 13, 2019

Was Some Staffer Trying To Get Archie To Come Out???????????????????????


                                           I never owned this issue, to be sure, but, my God, that appalling language!!!!!!  Archie saying, "I had to beat off those other guys?"  We all know what that means, darlings!  How this got past censors in its day is amazing.  What were they thinking?

                                             I always thought the gay one was Jughead.  At the very least, he is a misogynist.  But both of his qualities were carefully couched.

                                               Why did Archie, the comic strip version of Andy Hardy, have to come in for such foul speculation?????????????   Someone must have hated their job, and promptly was fired!

                                                 What other explanation could there be?

                                                  The only thing I could accuse him of is being mercenary.  Betty was just as pretty, but Archie was more attracted to Veronica, or so I always thought, because of her father's money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     This cover was either a nasty joke, or one of the biggest gaffs in comics  history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Have you seen “Riverdale”?

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I have not seen "Riverdale" because
it is difficult for me to see actors
who bear no resemblance to the way
the characters appeared in the
Archie comics! If it had been done
aa a cartoon, I might have been
interested!

Victoria said...

I get that.
The kid who plays Archie, they would dye his hair orange in the beginning.
It didn’t work.