Followers

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

What Was The Theatrical Event Of The Decade???????????????????????????


                                           Let others go on about "Hamilton," and I know the Lin Manuel Miranda crowd will--for me, the 2018 revival of "Carousel" was the theatrical event of the decade.  Its cast was the Ensemble Of The Decade, and seeing it just months after my father's passing gave me plenty of opportunity to cry my eyes out.  When Jessie Mueller wept on Renee Fleming's shoulder, and she h held Jessie while singing, "You'll Never Walk Alone," I completely lost it, and so did everyone in the house.  Beautiful, exquisitely rendered and moving, it was the finest theater event of the decade.
You can feel this, just from the photo. Now, imagine it taking place live in front of you!

No comments: