Followers

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Take A Deep Breath, Girls.......And Skip This One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    Several recent books posts back, I mentioned my disdain for Neal Stephenson, and how I could only get through two volumes of his "Baroque Cycle."  Let me say, that if you are not like me, if you LOVE Neal Stephenson--though, for love of me, I cannot grasp why--the you may enjoy "Exhalation" by Ted Chiang.

                                       The three days it took me to read this book seemed like three weeks.  The time I spent reading these nine stories felt like I was studying for an exam in one of my least favorite subjects.  The text is like a Physics book structured around stories.

                                         And all read and deal with the same--time travel, our past and present selves, the replacement with digiens for human or animal companionship--get over yourself, Chiang!
Fuck you, and your miserable techno values, and those who believe in them.  You are not humane, and certainly not MY kind of human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         How this made it onto "The Ten Best Books Of 2019," for "The New York Times" is beyond me.  I would love to know who the idiot was that championed it.  "Most Notable," maybe, but "Ten Best????"  Are you kidding??????????????????????

                                         Still, be grateful to me, girls.  I have saved you the trouble of reading this dreck.

                                            And for all you lovers of Neal Stephenson, and his ilk, well then, just reverse my post, and you have something to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              Enjoy yourselves!  I did not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         

No comments: