Followers

Friday, December 20, 2019

"Don't Want A Doll! No Dinky Tinker Toy! I Want A Hippopotamus, To Play With, And Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              Back in the 1950's, darlings, there were any number of children with a modicum of talent, who would be hauled into the recording studio, and sing silly songs.  Like Barry Gordon, with "Nuttin' For Christmas," Jimmy Boyd with "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, and, as pictured here, Gayla Peevey, with a recording I had and loved, as a child, "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas."

                              I missed this time, because I was born too late.  To think what I could have done in that recording studio.  BARBRA would not have stood a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Gayla's song has since become forgotten, so, in keeping with my Fifties Christmas Theme, I thought it would fit in perfectly, so now is the time to revive it!

                                 Here is Gayla, at ten, singing the song live!

                                 Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: