Followers

Friday, December 6, 2019

"I Know What's Running Through Your Mind........!"


                              Oh, girls, I am telling you, just look at this 1954 pic.  The boys look like future inmates of Rikers, and the girl is SO desperate to go outside for a cigarette.  You can tell her pose is all a ruse.  And that tree looks pretty bare.

                                And the venetian blinds!  Kids, I am telling you, those of you who missed out on a 1950's style Christmas have no idea!  At the time, we all thought it cozy and contemplative.  Now, looking through the sands of time, it was really camp, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               How I wish we had it back.  Better than the phony mechanisms of today!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We’re in West Virginia with our grandsons.
LOTS of smoking around here. :(

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

Hope you are having a wonderful time.
I hear West Virginia is quite beautiful,
so how about getting outside and experiencing
that, to get away from all the smoking?

I get it. I grew up in a house where she
smoked enough for more than one. I never
liked it.