Followers

Monday, December 9, 2019

"This Is The Season To Be Kiind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                        Here is what kissing under the mistletoe looked like, in 1954.  My God, that archway they are standing under could have been one of many in the house I grew up in.

                                        But, girls, look at that gown the woman is wearing!  I am telling you, people knew how to dress, in 1954; how different from the Christmas slasher (which I cannot remember) where the story opens with a little boy catching Mommy going down on Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        How I would long for that gown now!  I mean, wouldn't you just??????????????

                                          Don't ruin your clothes and go down under the mistletoe, darlings!  Stay upright, and creased, and have a wonderful time!

                                           The Fifties were so holiday glamorous, weren't they?

                                           Sixteen more days, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Bring back the evening gown!!!
In Technicolor...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I wish I could have found
a color photo of that gown!