Followers

Friday, October 14, 2016

Some Literary Over Indulgence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         A literature instructor who goes to Athens for a Summer, to teach writing, is at the heart of Rachel Cusk's short-stories-disguised as novel, a series of ten vignettes touching upon the human condition, children, menstrual blood, dog abuse, which left me livid, and all that kind of technique-y writing that The New York Times just loves to suck up and hail as the new voice of reason.

                                         Well, Miss Cusk, I have news for you, dear. Despite some fine writing, and things that got to me, unless your next endeavor is practically the Second Coming, I will not be reading it. What a come down from "City On Fire."  Now, there's a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Did I really care for anyone in these stories?   Only Mimi, the abused dog. I kept wishing Mimi had chewed through the author's manuscript, and then spitting it out.  I never felt it took me so long to finish so short a book.

                                              I did not like it.  But Miss Cusk does show evidence she can write. She just needs to make a stronger case of it for me.

                                                Skip this one, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: