Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2016

What's New????????????????

                                                   "What's new?
                                                     How's the world treating you?"
                                                       --Linda Ronstadt

                                          Darlings, it is so good to be back on here writing, and I am sorry to have been away so long; you must have thought I was on a Joan Didion bender. Well, I have not. But......

                                           Pestilence has been creeping into 7420, like fog enshrouding the famed House Of Usher.  No clawing of nails on coffins yet, but this cat--as opposed to the word Mr. Trump used is sharpening them.

                                             I am dealing with new health issues.  Specifically high blood pressure and diabetes.  The last is genetic, the other my be or could be from lifestyle.  I have  mentioned this before, but I have been busy managing them, having checkups, and can now report they are being dealt with very well.

                                               Neither I nor my beloved have been to any film or theater, because there isn't much to see.  Though there are plans for "Girl On The Train," and, of course, Celia and Mary-Louise.

                                                 I have been absorbed in the massive 21st Century Dickensian tome that is "City On Fire, " by Garth Risk Halberg.  It is over 900 pages, and while I am racing, I am still in the 700's.

                                                  Lastly, it might be time to say farewell to the Pink Palace.  I have things to mull over, and have, before coming to a decision.  When a decision is reached, I will let all my darlings know.  Whatever is decided, The Raving Queen WILL continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   Cujo, my lovable canine friend, has been having his terrace restored, under his supervision, and it looks OK.  But, with the weather right now, he is not likely to appear. 
We have chatted at the doorway, but I know he looks forward to his new space, and you to hearing about him.

                                                   A friend of ours is in Mt. Sinai, for chemo, and it does not look good. He may rally, after all, but, on a recent visit, both my beloved and I were shocked by his appearance.  Like something out of the AIDS crisis days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     So, things have been a  little complicated of late, girls!!!!!!!!!!!  And with my diabetes, it is not like I can just gather you all for a nosh at Sarabeth's.  Which I would simply LOVE to, and maybe we will, in the near future.

                                                      But , for now, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                       This queen still reigns on here, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     

    
 

No comments: