Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Darling, I Cannot Believe This Made The Times' Ten Best List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 I have now read one of the selections, "The Vegetarian," by Han Kang.  My first reaction is, to thank God it was short, because had it been longer I am not so sure I could finish it. The second reaction is, had it been shorter, like a story, it might have worked better.

                                  And how do you fuse the tale of a woman descending into madness by waisting away her own body, going from vegetarianism to anorexia nevosa, with an artist and some pretty bizarre ideas of painting that had me thinking back to "Last Tango In Paris?"  Having finished the book, I could not tell you.  Do I regret reading it? No. But, list or no list, this would never have ended up on mine.

                                    So, girls, it is a crap shoot.  If you want to read it., go ahead.  On the other hand, if you  have something better to get to, then do so, and forget about this one.

                                      And cook some veggies for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: