Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

For Those Who Cannot Get In To "Heavenly Bodies" At The Metropolitan, Go To "David Bowie Is," At The Brooklyn Museum!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Oh, my God, darlings, be forewarned.  There is so much color, sensory overload, and heat--more about that, later--I have to warn any epileptics, and I am one, that medication weaker than mine could possibly send one into a seizure.  I was all right, but I want to make sure everyone else is.

                              One thing disappointed me.  Not a thing about "The Hunger," the movie I just love with the greatest lesbian scene captured on film.  Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve.  Better than a bunch of bull dykes. Miss Fern from "The Bad Seed" must have got her panties in a snit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               On the other hand, if you like color, this is the exhibit for you!

Just look at this!!!!!!!!!!!

And how about this???????????

Nevertheless, on a Holiday Weekend, this exhibit was packed.  You followed through with an earphone and audio accompaniment, instead of a human guided tour.  Not a bad idea, but why the excessive heat?  Except for two large fans, which failed to do the job, the space was so stifling, I had trouble breathing, and felt dehydrated.  I could not wait to get out of there--and neither could my David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a must, but they must do something about the heat--it cannot be good for the materials--and go early in the day, or late in the evening, when, hopefully, it will be calmer.

But, then, ALL museum going is getting like this!  What is the world coming to?????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

My children liked him in "Labyrinth"

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I did not know he was in "Labyrinth."
I only saw "The Hunger," which was unforgettable.
Great artist, fine exhibit, but needs better
organization and ventilation. The last, PLEASE!!!!!!!!