Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2018

"Now, You Watch Your Mouth, Watch Your Mouth, Miss Effie White!" "Cause I Don't Take That Tone From No Second Rate Diva, Who Can't Sustaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!"


                                This line has been heard a lot in our house lately, because Baby Gojira has been going around singing it, again and again.  One day, he was so into it, he sang it face to face to our neo-Nazi bird, Igor, and smacked him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Of course, Effie is the sympathetic figure in "Dreamgirls," but let's face it, girls--and I can vouch for this--there are plenty of non-sympathetic figures in our lives, to whom many of us would like to say this to.

                                    Well, my advice to all of you is--GO AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I am no second rate diva, darlings!  I am first class, and don't you forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!   This blog is still up and operating, and as Effie says in "I Am Changing," nothing is going to stop me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Oh, honeys, don't worry, I am back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

There are so many negative, mean-spirited, judgmental people out there; avoid them whenever possible!
LOVE bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things...

The Raving Queen said...


Thank you kindly for those
most important words, Victoria.
Even in "Dreamgirls," Effie does
not make her comeback till she
finds emotional peace, and acceptance.