Followers

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

I Knew Theere Was Something Else To Write About!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Yesterday, David and I celebrated the eighth anniversary of the day we met.  We already celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary on January 10th.  The date marks also ten years to the day when I finally saw "The Song Of Bernadette" on the big screen, at the Walter Reade Theatre, by Lincoln Center.

                                 I guess Bernadette is watching over me!

                                 But this was the day that started it all.  It was a rainy Saturday, I had just finished work, and I took the train down to the Christopher Street stop to meet David at the then Riviera Café.  Which is the only sad part of this post; over a year ago, the place went out of business, after decades of being one of the busiest spots in the West Village.  The shell of the building still stands.  It is sad to see, but forever will be a happy remembrance of the meeting that took place there.

                                  It was raining, and I was carrying a multi-colored umbrella--what I then called my "Umbrella Of Cherbourg," as I just LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!  David and I met, and the rest is history!

                                  Which some of you on here, have shared with us.

                                   Last night we dined at our favorite Bay Ridge eatery, Chadwick's.  We both had salad, David had the loin of pork, and I had the pasta of the day--bow ties in a beef ragout, with broccoli rabe.  For desert, I had coffee and raspberry sorbet, while David had the same with an apple tart!  And one of the few glasses of wine I have during the year! Mmmmmmmmm!

                                    It was a romantic evening, celebrating eight of the happiest years in my life, and, I am sure, David's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    May the gift we have been given continue to be bestowed upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations!
I'm a sucker for romance.
Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is LOVE...

The Raving Queen said...


Thanks so much, Victoria!
Both of us feel truly blest!