Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2018

What A Week It Has Been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            I cannot tell you how happy I am to finally get in front of this computer, and write. It seems like all week I was running into the city--either to the pharmacy, or the bookstore.

                             Yesterday was the first real hot day of the year, and where was I?  On the Upper East Side, where I seldom go, and where all the women look the same--call them the Uber Stepfords!!!!!!!!!!  I k now what they had to do to get there, but, really, girls, is it worth it?  I mean, having to live with pigs like Harvey Weinstein?????????????

                                Thank God for my friend, Judy, who met me at the bookstore, where I wanted (but did not) have a meltdown.  I thought I was getting a collection of "The Northnager Horrid Novels"--meaning more than one volume.  All I got was one volume, "Horrid Mysteries."  Well, I took care of that.  I ordered some others at Amazon.  I plan this to be my Summer Reading Project.

                                I had two panic attacks--one on the subway, and one at Starbucks, where Judy and I ended up after the bookstore.  I am sure my father's death has something to do with it, but, lately, especially since I am reading Shirley Jackson's biography, I am beginning to wonder if I am descending into reclusiveness.  Crowds used to not phase me.  Yesterday, they sure did.

                                  But, not to fear, I am back, and there is much to talk about.

                                  I'd rather be running to fashion houses.  But no time, this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: