Followers

Monday, May 7, 2018

Our Trip Began Where All Others Do....At The Bay Ridge Dunkin' Donuts On 85th Street And 5th Avenue!!!!!!!!


                              This past Saturday, which was Cinco de Mayo, darlings--and would you believe I did not even have ONE Margarita?  Not one!!!!!!!!--we took another L and M Bus Tour, this time to what seemed the end of the world--Cape May, New Jersey.

                                But before getting into that, let me tell you.  We always start these trips early in the morning, anywhere from 6am to 8am, at the Dunkin' Donuts, on 85th Street and 5th Avenue, in Bay Ridge.  Just around the corner, from where our bus picks us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Now, remember on our last trip, to "A Chorus Line," I wrote a post about the morning cotillion at the Bayside McDonald's, in Queens?  Well, if you want to see the same sort of thing in Bay Ridge, come to this place, I would guess, from the crack of dawn till about 9 am.

                                   While I was there, this disheveled woman came in, looking like a character out of one of the stories in "Jesus Son," by Denis Johnson.  I could not figure out if she was a junkie or a prostitute.  Maybe both.  Though if hooking, she could have dressed better.

                                     What was creepy was how this woman sat at a table diagonally across from us, but close enough to not to avoid the fact I could tell she was eyeing me in some way.  David thought she was cruising me--HAH!!!!!!!!--I think she was eyeing me, seeing the pocket where my wallet was located, and trying to find a way to get it away from me.  She wanted money, not sex!  If I had not been with David, I very likely would have been robbed!

                                        Then a homeless guy, who reminded me of Tim Scott in his role of Smokey Lonesome, in 1991'a "Fried Green Tomatoes," made his way into the place.  I felt sorry for him, as I held the public bathroom door open for him.  The only one in the place, by the way, so I am telling you, do not sit down!!!!!!!!!!  You hear me, now???????????  DO NOT SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         On the other hand, I am telling you, this is the Bay Ridge version of the Queens cotillion, so if you arise early in the morning out here, and want coffee, or to hook, score drugs, or just hang out with the underbelly of Bay Ridge--and I am telling you, there is one!!!!!!--this is the place to come!   It set the tone for the lovely day  to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Oh, the places I introduce my girls to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Come on in and have a cup of java; the folks are fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: