Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2018

You Can't Go Wrong With Jennifer McMahon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         Suspenseful and absorbing, each Jennifer McMahon book I read keeps getting better and better.  It literally held me to the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen to Vera Dufrane, her daughter, Regina (Reggie), and her friend, Tara.  Then there was that creepy Lorraine.  About thirty years ago, had this been filmed, Lorraine would have been a perfect role for Louise Fletcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          I picked this title up on the Staff Recommends kiosk at The Strand.  I was not even aware of this book, but I was aware of Jennifer McMahon.

                                           There is a serial killer, which thrilled me, and McMahon's skill is in being able to maneuver the reader skillfully enough so they do not guess who it is.  She stumped me once again, which is no easy task.

                                              Though I will say this.  When the killer is actually identified, (and it was not whom I thought it to be) it justified my theoretical rubric behind the film "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri."  At the end of the film, I knew the characters were riding to get the wrong guy, because I fervently hold to the belief that whomever killed Frances McDormand's daughter was someone still living in that town.  I always suspected the Desk Sergeant, played by Zeljko Ivanek.

                                                 Those who need fun in their Summer reading will find it with Jennifer McMahon.  After perusing some other titles listed at the end, I know I have more to look forward to.

                                                   That bucket list keeps getting longer, and longer, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I didn't really understand the point of the "Neptune's Hands" chapters?
It seemed a little disruptive to the flow of the story

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

They fascinated me in the beginning.
When the author turns up, years later,
I thought maybe the novel would end with
an updated excerpt. Ultimately, I did not
see the point at all, either. A major flaw.